Sunday 16 March 2008

Endurance Rulz!!

As a self confessed endurance freak, last nights Buckmore 3 Hour is as close as you could get to extreme racing. Sort of. We had constant rain for entirity of the race, complete darkness if not for a few spotlights and a grid of 35 opponents!!! Couldnt ask for a much harder race.

4 Kart changes, lack of visibilty, spinning karts all added to the races appeal. I went out in second place for the end of the race and was gunning past everyone... until... coming out of turn 2 i got on the power to early, and the kart just aquaplaned off backwards into the marshalls post on the right of the track. My first thought was OUCH! and then ARRGGHHH the RACE!!!!

Thankfully the marshalls got me out sharpish and i resumed on regaining first and overtaking everyone who had passed me while stranded. Overall - One Bloody Good Race!!!

Team Slick Egos 1st, 2nd, 5th

Speedy

1 comment:

Achilles said...

Me, me, me.....